Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

You have an error in your SQL syntax, Migrating from 2.3 to 2.5.1

good day to all, I am writing to you in the forum because I have a problem since I migrated from vanilla 2.3 to 2.5.1 that I have not been able to solve.

I made the migration with the importer and apparently everything went well, but I began to get reports from users who could not register an account in the forum and they came up with the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' p.Name as `Name`
from GDN_c `c`
left join GDN_p `p` on c. = p.ID' at line 1
## /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php(407)
#0 [internal function]: gdn_ErrorHandler(256, 'You have an err...', '/home/forum...', 407, Array)
#1 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php(407): trigger_error('You have an err...', 256)
#2 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(1684): Gdn_Database->query('select distinct...', Array, Array)
#3 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(629): Gdn_SQLDriver->query('select distinct...')
#4 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php(595): Gdn_SQLDriver->get()
#5 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php(731): PermissionModel->getJunctionPermissions(Array, '', '', Array)
#6 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php(386): PermissionModel->getPermissions(Array, '')
#7 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php(1732): RoleModel->getPermissions(Array)
#8 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/core/class.session.php(431): UserModel->getSession('58846')
#9 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php(1547): Gdn_Session->start('58846')
#10 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php(1401): EntryController->registerBasic('')
#11 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(833): EntryController->register('')
#12 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(262): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
#13 /home/forum/domains/forum.com/public_html/forum/index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
#14 {main}
I did the processes that they recommend and I ran as much / dashboard / utility / update as / dashboard / utility / update but I keep presenting the problem

Do you have any solution?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The importer is for importing other forums data to Vanilla. Please read the Instructions on how to upgrade

• @R_J I did the steps of the migration as indicated, I sold the error, also eexporte with vanilla2export.php also the error comes out.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

From the porters description: "DO NOT USE THIS FOR UPGRADING BETWEEN VANILLA 2.X VERSIONS"

These are the upgrading instructions
    They are linked from multiple places, e.g. here