Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin idea - Ajax FX

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
What about a plugin to add some funky http://script.aculo.us/ style animation to the forum... a few examples I thought of.. 1. the famous yellow background fade, after posting a message 2. a shaking login box (OS X style) on entering an incorrent password 3. a search box on the left-hand-menu, with advanced options that slid into view from underneath

Comments

• holy crap that scriptolicious stuff is wicked,but it seems so gimmicky to me :(
  • I think this plugin would only work if done carefully, so that it enhanced rather than distracted... When I think about it, it seems almost stupid that it has taken 15 years for a proper cross-browser drag&drop script to be written. Crazy.
  • lol no kidding about the cross browser stuff. but you are right... i noticed in basecamp that they use that yellow fading background which is nice because it is subtle.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    exactly... the scriptalicious demo's are all wow look at me, whereas 37signals have a habit of using them more discreetly, so I'm thinking that http://www.writeboard.com/ should be interesting
  • I was looking at implemeting the yellow fade technique last night, but not managed to get round to really examining it properly yet. I'd love to see live drag and drop for categories (ala backpack) Yellow fade on new comments, or threads with updates within the last 5 minutes (ala basecamp) and live topic/comment preview
  • So you could drag and drop the categories on the overview page where you wanted them? Sounds good dude...
  • i like the way that 37 signals is realeasing all these really small services... which they then seem to bundle together into bigger offereings . really smart way of doing stuff.
This discussion has been closed.