Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

version 2.5.1 hangs on inbox/message send and registration with email confirmation

Hi folks:

I'm new to vanilla and have just installed version 2.5.1 on an Apache2 server running on Ubuntu 16.04. I've got most things working with two exceptions. First, the messaging application accessed via the inbox hangs after you send a message. The message goes through, but the page hangs and you receive no notification that the message was sent. Also, like some other posts I read here, if I disable the Conversation add-on I get a 404 error when attempting to send messages.

Similarly, if you have registration set to require email confirmation, when you register it hangs after you submit it and you don't get the email asking for confirmation, but if the approval option is set the moderator does get the approval request. I believe I have the outgoing email configuration setup correctly, but I don't see an option to test that anywhere.

Suggestions welcome.