Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Troubles updating to Vanilla 2.6 on Ubuntu - HTTP ERROR 500

edited May 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This one's gonna be a bit awkward.

When accessing my forum after updating to Vanilla 2.6, I've been getting HTTP ERROR 500 every time I go to visit it.

The error in my apache log is:

[Thu May 17 15:21:37.263116 2018] [:error] [pid 1205] [client 80.44.21.15:51577] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare formatRssHtmlCustom() (previously declared in /var/www/html/forum/plugins/HtmLawed/class.htmlawed.plugin.php:238) in /var/www/html/forum/library/core/functions.render.php on line 939, referer: https://[website]/forum/

The forum appears to work when I temporarily delete the HtmLawed plugin, but I'm not sure on what side-effects that would have and there's some errors complaining that it's missing when Debug Mode is on. That, and the admin dashboard just becomes a bit of a jumbled mess, which is less than ideal. (The forum itself seems to work fine with it missing, though.)

I feel like this is yet another dumb question thanks to my own admittedly rookie knowledge on this, but I'm really not sure on what to do at this point. I assume I need the plugin for some things to work properly (for all I know, it missing could be the thing causing the dashboard to break), so I'd rather get this sorted if I can.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You did the right thing. When you look at the zip file that you have downloaded, you will find that the plugin/htmlawed folder is empty. It might be a good advise to add some "please delete" steps to the upgrading info...

• Options
    edited May 2018

Oh, interesting. So would the dashboard breaking and the debug messages expecting to be there be part of a different error, then?

Would like to fix my dashboard though... because right now, it looks like this and is pretty much completely useless. :c (This is with htmlawed deleted)

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Have you followed the update instructions and deleted /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php and cleared the Vanilla cache afterwards?

• Options

Yup, that's all done. /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php is gone and the cache was cleared. Issue still occurs.