HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Troubles updating to Vanilla 2.6 on Ubuntu - HTTP ERROR 500

edited May 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This one's gonna be a bit awkward.

When accessing my forum after updating to Vanilla 2.6, I've been getting HTTP ERROR 500 every time I go to visit it.

The error in my apache log is:

[Thu May 17 15:21:37.263116 2018] [:error] [pid 1205] [client 80.44.21.15:51577] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare formatRssHtmlCustom() (previously declared in /var/www/html/forum/plugins/HtmLawed/class.htmlawed.plugin.php:238) in /var/www/html/forum/library/core/functions.render.php on line 939, referer: https://[website]/forum/

The forum appears to work when I temporarily delete the HtmLawed plugin, but I'm not sure on what side-effects that would have and there's some errors complaining that it's missing when Debug Mode is on. That, and the admin dashboard just becomes a bit of a jumbled mess, which is less than ideal. (The forum itself seems to work fine with it missing, though.)

I feel like this is yet another dumb question thanks to my own admittedly rookie knowledge on this, but I'm really not sure on what to do at this point. I assume I need the plugin for some things to work properly (for all I know, it missing could be the thing causing the dashboard to break), so I'd rather get this sorted if I can.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Moderator

You did the right thing. When you look at the zip file that you have downloaded, you will find that the plugin/htmlawed folder is empty. It might be a good advise to add some "please delete" steps to the upgrading info...

• edited May 2018

Oh, interesting. So would the dashboard breaking and the debug messages expecting to be there be part of a different error, then?

Would like to fix my dashboard though... because right now, it looks like this and is pretty much completely useless. :c (This is with htmlawed deleted)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Moderator

Have you followed the update instructions and deleted /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php and cleared the Vanilla cache afterwards?

• Yup, that's all done. /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php is gone and the cache was cleared. Issue still occurs.