Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Flagged content plugin & moderation queue - what is the difference?

david124david124 New
edited June 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

Just installed Vanilla and I enabled the flagged content plugin, all set up and is fine. However I also noticed the moderation queue which is standard functionality. It looks like that also allows for flagged content looking at the table columns, however if I disable the flagged content plugin I can't see anywhere a user would report content such as a dodgy comment, post, etc.

Maybe this is something that doesn't appear on the open source version frontend but it's still there in the backend?

Just a little confused by it.

Can someone let me know what method I should be using for flagging posts and what the difference in these 2 sections are?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

We use the flag option to allow any user to alert us to a questionable post.

AfaIk, the moderation queue holds posts until they are approved.

• Options
    david124david124 New
    edited June 2018

Okay thanks for the info.

@whu606 said:

AfaIk, the moderation queue holds posts until they are approved.

Just so I understand the setup a little further - what does the users or my forum configuration have to be for this to occur? After looking into this for a while a non-validated user has to be approved/validated before posting anything using the default forum setup - if so how can their posts appear in the queue?

Maybe there is some forum specific setting where you can configure a particular forum to require approval for new posts/threads that I don't know about it.

The above still doesn't explain why there is a 'Flagged by' column heading in the moderation queue page. That to me says some user is flagging a particular piece of content...?

Thanks,