HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there an app that will allow private replies?

I want to provide a feature that will allow members the ability to create their own group, similar to a friends or foe group that other software uses. I want to then allow a member to post a reply to a public discussion, but make that reply only visible to his group of friends.

I've looked at the Private Discussions plugin. It's great, and I like how it incorporates into the discussion flow. But, I want to see it taken a step further and allow private replies. This would allow me to share more personal info with a group of friends that I've screened and invited to my personal group.

If a plugin doesn't exist for this yet, does anyone know of a plugin that will allow users to create their own groups? I think the first step would be giving members the ability to create a group and then working on the private messages. The group feature would also be nice to use with other plugins, like Private Discussions. Instead of typing the names of 10, 20, or more people, I could just start a private discussion with my group.