Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Vanilla 2.6 is here! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2 with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.

Server Install Error

Hi Team, I downloaded the latest vanilla 2.6, & push it to our server, replacing the old vanilla 2.2 folder. I tried pointing the config to new db (no data/structure) & tried pointing it to db with raw db (with data/structure from my successfull local install). Both gave me this error:

"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPermissions() on null in /var/www/html/library/core/class.session.php:496\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/library/core/class.auth.php(59): Gdn_Session->start(false, false)\n#1 /var/www/html/bootstrap.php(346): Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator()\n#2 /var/www/html/index.php(22): require_once('/var/www/html/b...')\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/library/core/class.session.php on line 496"

Has anyone experience this error? TIA