Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

User event hooks / handler

martin28martin28 New
edited July 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi Team,
I would like to know what is the best approach to hook the user events (like before/after user login/register) in plugin for vanilla 2.6. Currently i'm using (ex. entryController_signin_handler) works with Vanilla 2.2. I tried (ex. userModel_afterSignIn_handler) which appears to work with Vanilla 2.6.

Do we have list of hooks for Vanilla 2.6 or version after 2.2?

TIA

Comments

• There is no such list unfortunately.

The best approach is to either examine plugins with similar functionality and examine which hooks they are using, or search the corresponding controller, model & views for fireEvent calls.

For example, if you want to extend functionality in /discussions that would be class.discussionscontroller.php or class.discussionmodel.php.
    To find view hooks, look out for $this->render(...) to find out what view a controller method is using (or just search for a translation string or css class contained in the view).

My themes: pure | minusbaseline - My plugins: CSSedit | HTMLedit | InfiniteScroll | BirthdayModule | [all] - PM me about customizations

• Vanilla APP » Learn more «
    • iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for your forum
  • Thanks @Bleistivt, I'm trying to hook in after register which I did successful using userModel_afterRegister_handler. My concern now is that the session only starts after login not after register. Does anyone tried starting GDN session after register?

TIA

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

In the EntryController are several methods which handle the different registration methods. All of them contain lines similar to this:

} elseif (!$authUserID) {
        $this->Form->setValidationResults($this->UserModel->validationResults());
    } else {
        // The user has been created successfully, so sign in now.
        Gdn::session()->start($authUserID);

So as you can see, the session is started after the registration has successfully been finished. Does that answer your question?

martin28
  • Yes, many thanks @R_J I managed to add event after register in entryController using RegistrationSuccessful.