Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Custom plugin not firing on production server, but works on local??

Hi all, just upgraded from 2.3 to 2.6, and everything is working fine on localhost. However, now that i've put it all live, the only thing that doesn't appear to be working is a custom plugin that I built a while back (it works fine on localhost still though).

I've put some debug code in each of the files, and nothing is firing at all.

It is enabled in the config file btw ;)

Any ideas why?

Here is the plugin...

/ ActivityStream
      / views
            / activitystream.php
      / class.activitystreammodule.php
      / default.php

This is default.php..

// Define the plugin:
$PluginInfo['ActivityStream'] = array(
    'Name' => 'ActivityStream',
    'Description' => "Display the ActivityStream.",
    'Version' => '1.0'
);

class ActivityStreamPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin {

    public function base_Render_Before(&$Sender)
    {

        if(!in_array(strtolower($Sender->ControllerName), [
            'messagescontroller',
            'discussioncontroller',
            'bestcontroller',
            'categoriescontroller',
            'discussionscontroller',
            'profilecontroller',
            'activitycontroller'
        ])) {
            //return; // I have commented this out for debug, but still not working
        };

        require_once(PATH_PLUGINS.DS.'ActivityStream'.DS.'class.activitystreammodule.php');
        $activityStreamModule = new ActivityStreamModule();
        $Sender->addModule($activityStreamModule);
    }
}

This is class.activitystreammodule.php

class ActivityStreamModule extends Gdn_Module
{
    public function assetTarget() {

        return 'Panel';
    }

    public function toString()
    {
        // Get activity stream via XHR
        $View = Gdn::controller()->fetchView('activitystream', '', 'plugins/ActivityStream');

        return (string)$View;

    }
}

This is activitystream.php

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function () {
        $.get('/xhr/activitystream', function (response) {
            if(response.html) {
                $('.activity-stream-placeholder').html(response.html);
            }
        })
    })
</script>
<div class="activity-stream-placeholder"></div>

Comments

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    At first side I see this public function base_Render_Before(&$Sender): you have to remove the ampersand "&"

    This linerequire_once(PATH_PLUGINS.DS.'ActivityStream'.DS.'class.activitystreammodule.php shouldn't be needed at all.

    Delete it (or uncomment it) and delete /cache/addon.php

    After making those two changes, that plugin should work, I'd say

    pavsid
  • @R_J said:
    At first side I see this public function base_Render_Before(&$Sender): you have to remove the ampersand "&"

    This linerequire_once(PATH_PLUGINS.DS.'ActivityStream'.DS.'class.activitystreammodule.php shouldn't be needed at all.

    Delete it (or uncomment it) and delete /cache/addon.php

    After making those two changes, that plugin should work, I'd say

    And....you are absolutely correct :)

    Many thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.