Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Page Not Found: Categories & Posting (v2.6.1)

Having upgraded to 2.6.1, the following pretty/rewrite paths no longer work for me:

/vanilla/settings/categories
/vanilla/settings/posting

Does anyone know the correct path to pass (/index.php?p=PATH) in order to access these areas and test for an .htaccess error?
Is anyone familiar with this issue and would be willing to share details about this issue and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I was experiencing something similar after the upgrade to 2.6.1, but it's not the exact same.

When i would visit my vanilla home directory, the url would change to "example.com/forum/index.php?p=/", whereas before, it would just stay as "example.com/forum". If i clicked any of the "home button" redirects within the forum itself, it would lead me to "index.php?p=/".

So I wonder if your pretty url's aren't working because of this same issue. Maybe pretty url's got messed up with the update or something. Most likely not, but it's worth a shot, and if it doesn't work, you could just remove the line.

Thanks to the magnificent R_J:

The complete line is $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true; and it should be in the /conf/config.php. Simply adding it as the last line in that file will work.

• Have you deleted /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php?

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/250819/#Comment_250819

• Thanks for these suggestions.

@StaticCory I did indeed add the $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true; line to /conf/config.php (and otherwise pretty URLs seem to work).

@Bleistivt I did also follow the normal upgrade steps as well as the extra step of deleting class.settingscontroller.php before clearing /cache and running /utility/update. The update utility results in a success message.

Still, the two settings paths (categories, posting), do not work. I tried retracing the upgrade steps to no avail. Are there other double-checks to see if a botched upgrade path is the culprit?

• nmaxnmax New
    edited September 2018

What is the actual (query) URL for the category settings page?
    Not that I notice it, /vanilla/ isn't consistent with anything else in the dashboard/settings area. What is the correct pretty URL for the categories page?

• Okay, so I've figured out that query URLs are no longer a thing (only pretty/rewrite). Also, I've just upgraded to 2.6.1, and it's now working.