Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Dashboard User Registration Settings Basic Method problem

I setup the dashboard - User Registration Settings to Basic but some prospective forum users cannot register because the registration page they see on their browser is that of "Approval - New users are reviewed and approved by an administrator (that's you!). They also see the statement "Why do you want to join".
I cannot understand why Approval registration method showed up whereas I setup Basic registration.
I need assistance to solve this abnormality.

Comments

• look in your config.php

and verify it says Basic

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic'; // Options are: Basic, Captcha, Approval, Invitation

clear the files in your cache.

https://docs.vanillaforums.com/developer/troubleshooting/

also if you are using some other caching might be creating your issue if your config.php has the Basic setting.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.