Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Domain name instead of ip address

I've been looking for the solution to this.

I can't seem to find the Custom Domain setting under Appearances as it states in the guide.
I was hoping someone could help me out on this, as I'm setting up a forum for school.

Also, probably important to say that I'm hosting on my own machine and the domain name is from GoDaddy

Comments

• If you are following the hosted solution guide it doesn't apply to open source.

The framework has nothing to do with DNS. The framework sit on a server and ins concern only with the application it doen't point a domain to the server.

Firstly running a website of your own machine, with the little experience you have would be a bad idea, and you would have to open up you IP with all the security issues that can bring and have it constantly running. Best left to professional. Also, likely you machine would not perform well as a server as it is not designed as a server.

If you are hosting elsewhere you need to create DNS record point to to IP of that server. Godaddy has their on DNS and you could use another business.

grep is your friend.