Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Memcached for Vanilla on Siteground

I want to share what I did, since I'm not actually sure what I'm doing. If someone correct me would be very apreciated. If everthing is correct then it could help others.

I was following instructions here: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/developer/backend/

Went to my cPanel and activated Memcached:

Then copy/pasted all the configurations to MyVanillaforum\conf\config.php

$Configuration['Cache']['Enabled'] = true;
$Configuration['Cache']['Method'] = 'memcached';
$Configuration['memcached']['Store'] = 'localhost:20103';
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_COMPRESSION] = true;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_DISTRIBUTION] = Memcached::DISTRIBUTION_CONSISTENT;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_LIBKETAMA_COMPATIBLE] = true;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_NO_BLOCK] = true;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_TCP_NODELAY] = true;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT] = 1000;
$Configuration['Cache.Memcached.Option.'.Memcached::OPT_SERVER_FAILURE_LIMIT] = 2;

Notice I set the port localhost:20103, I think is safe to guess that 127.0.0.1 is the same to localhost.

Not pretty sure if my forum is actually faster now, is very small, but sometimes before I found it slow on some page requests.

On the section about "Advanced Handling of Headers" I didn't get a think what they are talking about, so I skipped that part.

I'll take a look to the Apache and nginx thing to see if I can do also something about without breaking my site

:)