Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Email does not appear to be valid [RESOLVED]

Andre_GAndre_G New
edited November 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I try to manually register a new user with an @hotmail.com email address, I get the message "Email does not appear to be valid." I have no ban rules. Brand new 2.6.4 install.

(Sorry... I'm sure this is something obvious that I'm missing! TIA)

Comments

• ensure there are no spaces. If you copy an email make sure to trim any white space from the beginning or end.

filter_var($value, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) may be buggy in older version of php and it doesn't cover every possible variation

FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL "validate_email" default FILTER_FLAG_EMAIL_UNICODE

Validates whether the value is a valid e-mail address.

In general, this validates e-mail addresses against the syntax in RFC 822, with the exceptions that comments and whitespace folding and dotless domain names are not supported.

grep is your friend.

• That must have been it, thank you so much! I worked when I manually typed it in.