Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to customize navigation header menu?

Hello everybody. I'm pretty new on vanilla forum, and love it.
Well, now I'm looking for how to custom my navigation header menu. I just walked around conf directly below vanilla-core directly. But I'm not sure how to do it.

This is my current local condition, it's already localized into japanese. I want to delete 2 navigation header just right of "PASCI" which is the site title.

Also, I like the theme of this site, https://open.vanillaforums.com/, can I find this theme somewhere?

All the best.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you just want to remove those two links, I would advise to use the CSSEdit Pugin and use css to hide them.

• Options

@R_J said:
    If you just want to remove those two links, I would advise to use the CSSEdit Pugin and use css to hide them.

Thanks for your tips, but I want to remove it by other than css.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Okay, no problem. You need to create your own custom theme then. Read about that in the documentation, the link is in the header

Copy applications/dashboard/views/default.master.tpl to your themes views folder and edit it there. I guess it is the ul.SiteMenu that you like to remove. But I would suggest to keep the custom menu entry since some plugins might use it

• Options

Okay, thanks I'll try it. That's what I looking for.
    And can I find the theme using on this website?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

can I find the theme using on this website?

See this discussion:

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/232735#Comment_232735

• Options

Thanks everyone! My problem is solved!