Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Edit user passwords

jrossjross New
edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I would like to manually edit user passwords. I have several ISPs where the reset password email is not getting through - so some users are emailing me to reset their password. Thanks, Jamie

Comments

• Options
    I only know how to change a password : 1-open phpmyadmin 2-click on vanilla's database.. 3-browse the users table(lum_user) 4-choose the user you want to change the password for 5-click on 'edit' or the pencil icon 6-scroll until you see the field 'password' 7-you will see a drop down menu in the field 'function' .. choose MD5 8-enter the new password in the whitespace... 9-click 'go'
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    An AddOn doing that for administrators would be welcome :)
  • Options
    Word.
  • Options
    Please help guys.. I followed the above instructions and now I can't access my forum. The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection();
  • Options
    I think the reason is because I changed the password of my database. Now Vanilla can't talk to my database because the password has been changed. How do I edit my Vanilla database password guys? I would appreciate the help.
  • Options
    Open up your /vanilla/conf/database.php file and you will see the 'DATABASE_PASSWORD' key that you can change to whatever your new password is.
  • Options
    Thank you sir. Oh boy! was I scared or what. I thought my forum is doomed. I really really appreciate it
  • Options
    so the addon that does this is called welcome?
  • Options
    Not quite. :-)
    Welcome would be how the addon is received.
  • Options
    oh i see
    so no one has made this yet?
    cuz if they did
    it would be alot more simple
  • Options
    vanoobvanoob New
    edited November 2007
    Try this, i haven't released it as an official extension yet... just pending testers so inform me how it goes and i'll upload it as an addon.

PasswordReset-0.1
    Allows users to edit/change/reset another accounts password, depends on role permissions.

This is a valid extension, well it won't be able to detect updates as such until it's officially added on to the addons site, i just need some testers to test it out to see if there's any bugs or problems from users
  • Options
    good idea thanxz but i think i will wait until the official one comes out unless i really need it good work thankxz ^^
This discussion has been closed.