Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

inbox gives 'page not found' after conversion

hi again...

Testing my converted site and notice that when I click on the inbox I get a "page not found".

I checked in the database and all data seems to be there (conversation and conversation message).

could someone help me fix this?

thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Try opening the link in a new tab, or copy and paste the link to see where it is pointing to.

It should be yourforum/messages/all

Also, make sure Conversations is enabled in Dashboard - Applications.

If that all looks OK, disable plugins you have enabled, to see if one of them is causing the issue.

• Options

/me facepalms

I had conversations disabled >.> (I assumed this was an add on over the PM system but it IS the PM system).

so thank you for that!

It looks great, but all entries are duplicate, must be a side effect of the conversion.

so it is

person A: bla bla bla

person A: bla bla bla

person B: yeah uhuh

person B: yeah uhuh

person A: bla bla bla bla?

person A: bla bla bla bla?

I think you see what I mean ;)

I wonder if it is possible to remove the duplicates? I can live with it but it would be neat if it could be done. (without manually going into the database to fix them one by one... )

• Options

At the least, you'd have to go into the DB to see how that was structured.

Are they two separate entries, duplicate entries in the same field, or is the forum duplicating the same entry when the page is rendered?

• Options

they seem to be rendered duplicate. I wanted to test with adding a new conversation but then I see that I can only read, and clicking the 'add new' button doesn't do anything.

(link points to /messages/add but nothing happens. )

• Options

Check that you have permissions set correctly.

• Options

permissions on "add" and "manage" in discussions.

(and all other things as well. it's an admin account with all boxes ticked).

• Options

Do you have those permissions on Conversations?

If so, then disable plugins and see if that clears it.

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Discussions = threads.

Comments = posts.

Conversations = PM.

• Options
    QuethQueth New
    edited March 2019

sorry, yes i meant conversations. Keep confusing the two. but the admin account has ticked every box there is regarding permissons so should be able to do everything.

disabled all the add-ons and plugins, but that doesn't solve it either.