Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Profile menu on Keystone on mobile hidden on discussion pages

Using the Keystone theme, I'm finding the profile menu (the one that pops up when one taps the profile icon on the retractable top navigation) does not appear when on discussion pages. On the main index, it appears without issue, but when on discussion pages, while the retractable navigation does darken (as if the overlay is appearing, but only within the bounds of the nav bar), no menu appears.

See it at forum.audiob.us (account required, though).

Any ideas where to look?

Comments

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Are you sure? I can't reproduce even on your own site.

• edited March 2019

Whoa! That's very strange. Just tried it then:

(That's in Safari's Responsive Mode, so I could do the screen record easily, but it's the same on the real device)

• edited March 2019

(deleted)

• Ah, I just tried with your login, too, and it's happening there too. Looks like it's Safari/iOS specific. Not happening in Chrome.

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2019

With a cursory glance, I can't reproduce this in responsive design mode on desktop safari. Are you sure you can reproduce this with the base keystone theme? You might have some styles conflicting on that page specifically. I'll note that I personally browse a few keystone based forums on my iPhone and I haven't noticed this.

If you can narrow this to:

• A specific mobile/desktop safari version on the default keystone theme.
    • A limited set of addons enabled.

Then maybe one of our team members can reproduce it. We're looking to build up a QA team, but until then we've got to either wait for reproduction steps or reports from an important client before diving into issues like these.

• Hmm, fair enough. I'll do some more digging. I did try turning off all the custom styles, and could still reproduce. I'll do some further investigation, though.

• edited March 2019

Ah! It's this style that's causing the problem - if I untick or change to 1, the flyout appears:

• So, this worked for me:

/* Fix for flyout from nav bar */

.ToggleFlyout.Open {

z-index: 1;

}

.Pager>a.Highlight, .Pager>a.Highlight:focus, .Pager>a.Highlight:hover {

z-index: 0;

}