Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to edit topics and posts time ?

Hello, let's say i want to import topics and posts from an old forum that i have and there's no plugin, no way to import with some "automatic" things. How to edit the time (timestamp) of topics and posts easily? If a topic and the posts of the topic were in 2015 (for example), how to put the correct dates and time?

I've tried Vanilla 2.8.1 (the latest version), but i don't see where to do that or a plugin that allows to do that.

Thanks,

Pierre

Comments

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

I am aware you said "let's say there are no way to import" but just to be sure that you known there actually are import options

Besides that I do not understand what you should be able to edit - if not having imported anything.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Bonjour, il n'est pas possible de modifier la date directement depuis Vanilla. Théoriquement il est possible de le faire depuis la base de données mais ce n'est, je pense, pas très pratique (Tables GDN_Discussions et GDN_Comments)

Cependant il est possible de créer un plugin pour ça, je me penche sur la question.

Et sinon pour importer PunBB dans Vanilla il faut utiliser Vanilla Porter.

Dans Vanilla Porter 2.4, PunBB est majoritairement compatible:

Il faut donc télécharger le script depuis le dépôts des modules, puis mettre le fichier vanilla2export.php à la racine de PunBB.

En allant à l'adresse URL du script, il faut simplement remplir les champs, pour récuperer une archive qu'il faudra importer ensuite dans Vanilla qu'il faudra préalablement installer comme un nouveau forum, puis après avoir ajouté la ligne

$Configuration['Feature']['Import']['Enabled'] = true;

dans le fichier conf/config.php

Il faut aller dans le tableau de bord, section Paremètres, et Importer en bas à gauche.

(C'est Kube17 des forums PluXml)

• Options
    zetraderzetrader New
    edited April 2019

Hi Kaspar, Hi K17, I don't know if answer in french or english, K17 i know we both speak french, but for others too, i'll answer in english.

I'm thinking of importing various old forums that i have : punbb 1.4.4, phpbb 3.x and nobodX forum (an old forum without database, it used .txt files for topics and answers to topics).

So i guess i could not import and mix all that in one vanilla forum without doing manually, i may could import punbb 1.4.4 or phpbb 3.x (it was with sqlite, would this be a problem ?), but not both, as one would replace the other (users, and maybe topics too).

That's why i thought of import manually and then i need to edit time of topics and posts to place the original time of the topics and posts/answers (comments in vanilla forum).

I know i could edit directly in the database, each time making timestamp conversion, but it would not be practical as K17 said.

With punbb 1.4.4 you can do it (change manually time on topics/posts) with a plugin, phpbb with a plugin too (you change user post, time on topics/posts) and with nobodX forum you only had to edit .txt file to change date or anything.

That's why i asked if there any way to do that with Vanilla or any plugin to do that in Vanilla, at this time, it seems there's no way.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Alors oui Sqlite peut poser problème. Il faut d'abord convertir la base de donnée en MySql (Vanilla Porter ne reconnait que MySql).

Il n'est pas possible de fusionner des forums, encore moins venant de plusieurs logiciels différents. Il faut faire tout ça manuellement, mais ça peut être long et très compliqué.

Sinon cela ne pose aucun soucis que de faire le support ici dans une langue étrangère.

Il est très surement possible de créer un plugin qui permette de changer la date d'un post. @zetrader je vais regarder ce qui est possible.

EDIT: Il semblerait qu'il soit maintenant possible de fusionner deux forums Vanilla à l'aide de Forum Merge https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/forummerge-plugin

Donc la solution serait de tout exporter en format Vanilla et d'en importer un, puis fusionner le reste.