Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

DB conversion error (2.8.3)

Hello, I installed a clean version of vanilla 2.8.3, no problem so far.

htaccess-troubles are fixed.

Then I imported my old 2.3 database and hit on /utility/update and /utility/structure and an error came in front:

Fatal Error in PHP.gdn_ErrorHandler();

Table 'db***_2.GDN_User' doesn't exist

What can I do by now? Thanks for Help...

Comments

  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

    @TorbenJohannson

    Welcome to the community.

    What do you mean by 'imported' your database?

    If you mean you used Vanilla porter, that would be the wrong way to do things.

    From a clean install, you should simply change the conf.php details to point to the old DB, then clear cache, and then run utility/update.

  • Thanks for Welcome :-)

    I meant, that I imported a database dump from the old server into a new database on the new server.

    I did not use Vanilla porter.

    I did a clean install per ftp and an empty MySQL-database and then changed the values in the config.php to link to the old one.

    Then the error, desvribed above, occured.

    Dont know what to do right now :-(

    Maybe you have another hint for me?

  • I should add that I used the minimal htaccess-file from a former installation to run the pretty url stuff.

    The delivered ".htaccess.dist" does not work (for me).

    BTW, what is this unusually extension ".dist" good for?

  • R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

    The htaccess.dist should get you started if you have no htaccess and it should not overwrite your htaccess if you already have one. Therefore it could have been named.htaccess.example or whatever.

    By default vanilla uses the prefix "GDN_" for all its tables and in your old installtion there certainly has been a user table. Make sure that

    • your old db is correct and look for the name of the user table
    • the imported dump also has this table

    Look for your old /conf/config.php and your new one and take a look if you find $Configuration['Database']['DatabasePrefix'] in there. If you do not find a line like that in your config, search for it in /conf/config-defaults.php

    It's value should be the same in both installations (and if there is no good reason not to do so, simply choose the default "GDN_")


    TorbenJohannson
  • Great Thanks for this informations!!!

    First I tried to set the 'DatabasePrefix' to ''intheconfig.php,butthatdidnotwork.

    ThenI renamed all tables to the ones with the new prefix using this pattern (first table):

    RENAME TABLE Activity TO GDN_Activity;

    I share this script to the public, maybe others have the same problem...

    The following problems like wrong directory names in old database or some htaccess probs I fixed for myself.

    Thanks, I'm in bussines again :-)

    R_JKaspar
Sign In or Register to comment.