HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add custom HTML between discussions and posts

Hello,

I'll tell you my problem right away. I would like to add ADs banner to my forum, and to do this my host (altervista.org) provided me with HTML codes (they are scripts) to insert into the pages to add banners. I would like to know how to do this.

I noticed various plugins like atpADs, categoryads-plugin and adsensebetweenthreads-plugin but they don't work on my forum (when I try to access the settings page nothing happens) or they ask for the Google ADSense key (I don't use Google ADSense to insert banners , but the banners provided by my host)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019

I suggest you to try using pockets and put the Google ad code in the pockets (there are many positions where you can display pockets), and if pockets aren't displayed where you want you can easily modify the html to place pockets in right position for you.

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Pockets are definitely the way to go. This is actually one of the primary supported use case of Pockets.