HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Driver for Laravel Valet

TL;DR: If you use Laravel Valet for PHP dev on your Mac and want to enable URL rewriting for Vanilla, get this: https://github.com/austins/vanilla-valet-driver

I do most of my programming on my Windows desktop, but I have been finding myself needing to work on projects away from home on my MacBook.

On MacOS, you have many options for setting up a PHP dev environment, such as XAMPP, AMPPS, various Docker stacks (although persisted bind mounts are slow on Mac's filesystem), installing the services locally, VMs, and Bootcamp.

I found Laravel Valet the easiest to set up and wanted to enable pretty URLs for Vanilla, but instead of modifying the Nginx config, you can use a Valet driver to achieve this. I created a simple Valet driver for Vanilla and wanted to share.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

This is definitely awesome. Personally I opted to get a laptop with enough horse power that the Docker for Mac FS binding ends up being only slightly annoying, but I understand that's not an option for everyone.