HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Novice here, apologies. Allowing HTML in PageDescription

So in category lists the CategoryDescription allows HTML (specifically I simply need a <br> tag). This is great.

But when this CategoryDescription is mapped to the P PageDescription at the top of a category HTML is stripped and my description looks like crap again.

I looked in various files where this might be happening and experimented with a few changes, but simply cannot find the function that is sanitizing the string. Closest I got was removing htmlFilter() (in applications/vanilla/views/discussions/index.php line 13) but removing it seemingly has no effect.

Would anyone please be able to point me in the right direction?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Just tested it with Vanilla 3.0 and the Keystone theme. It looks as expected if I put a <br> in the description. The br tag is still there on /categories/general in p.PageDescription. Or have you been talking of another url?

• edited June 2019

Thanks for looking into it for me! I really appreciate it! Yeah I'm using 3.0.1 with keystone theme.

I just noticed before coming back here that it is working on discussion views, but where I was experiencing the issue was "Nested" view. I can confirm it is still happening for nested views.

Example:

• Forum topic (nested) <br> doesn't work
      • Sub forum (discussion) <br> works
      • Sub forum (discussion) <br> works