HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Moderators Banning from one but not all forums

I’m looking to create a board that will have multiple forums with unique moderators and a single user database. I want to give those moderators permission to ban a user from their forum but not the others.

It seems to me the only way to do this would be through permissions and instead of banning the mods would have to be able to move users to and from groups. The issue with this is that all the moderators could see all permissions. This isn’t necessarily a deal breaker but it’s not ideal either. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to work around this?

We are still in the process of choosing the right software and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2019

These types of multi-site configuration options do exist, but are restricted to Vanilla Cloud. For example Vanilla Cloud's hub/node implements this type of behaviour.

• Options

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to avoid a cloud option to have more flexibilty down the road, but it's not out of the question.