HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best Of...

yguerdatyguerdat Delémont New

Hello the community.

I really like the "Best Of..." and was wondering if the plugin is present in the Addons because I don't find it. I have found the plugins to create some gamification who are just so great but I was wondering if it's a way to make a page who list the top contributors during a certain period.

My goal is to reward with some prices my top contributors.

Thanks for your feedback and have a nice day

Comments

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Make sure to read the question(the latest atm) about it working with vanilla 3.x

• Options

Thanks Kaspar,

I have already setup YAGA but I didn't found the Best of... inside neither the top contributors list.

Or do I have miss something ?

Txs for your help

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Yaga settings > leaderboards - if memory serves me.

• Options

I guess I do something wrong because all is selected but didn't see it in my navigation

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

Ok, then it is on me.

Can't check stuff out as I am traveling atm.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

IIRC it only appears if there is "enough" content. You might need to react on 5 to 10 discussions to see the module in the panel

• Options

Thank you @R_J I didn't know it. That's for sure the reason because I haven't yet open it to the public, it's just in construction :-) I will create a few test content to see the result then.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Just out of curiosity: if you are speaking about "Best of" without using gamifications, what would be the criteria for you to do a ranking?

Comment count, view count, participant count are the only metrics I can think of. But the period to look at must be taken into consideration, too. I'm interested to hear about your thoughts!

• Options

Sorry I was maybe not clear. I love the plugin with the gamification :-)

I would love the idea to can give a thumb up to an idea. So more thumbs up you have (and not multiple proposals) more the feature make sense to be developed. I'm planning to create this community for the users of our platform who can propose some new product features. The ones with the more likes are done at first ...

That was, my idea in mind :-)

• Options

hey @yguerdat was this working out for you in the end?

as I understand you wanted to have a page like the "Best of..." here, right? with a horizontal list of possible reactions at the top and a masonry overview of the recent discussions below, right?

because with the two setting options in YAGA I do "get what I asked for":

• Show links in the main menu that describe your Yaga configuration - shows me links for Badges and Ranks in the main menu
    • Show leaderboard on activity page - shows me a list of x leaders in a users activity view

...but not this very nice "best of" view.