HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What is System User, is it Ok to delete default users?

Hey guys, new Vanilla user here, just installed a fresh one, v3.2. I noticed there are a few pre-set users exist. I deleted all of them, except the System User. So, questions...

• What is system user? what is it used for? do I need to do anything to it to to make it safer if I need to keep it (change pass, approve it, etc)?
  • I assume it's Ok I deleted other users?
  • When I deleted other users the counters did not update, so I found the dba/counters link via this forum, but do I have to do it every time now when delete users/posts?
  • Is the theme used on this forum available for self-hosted forums, or its a premium cloud-only theme?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

Yea, before I install Vanilla, I disable stub content in the config.php and delete the respective plugin; then my new site does not get populated by that test content and users.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['stubcontent'] = false;

The System User is very important. To make Vanilla use your account or admin-specified one instead of that floating one.

Although I like to keep the System user separate from mine.

$Configuration['Garden']['SystemUserID'] = 31; //where 31 is your user id

You can find your user id in the database table GDN_User

It's okay to nuke everything else.

As for this theme, look here

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/257644/#Comment_257644

• Options

Thanks!