HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Customized Profile Page

rloyolarloyola New
edited October 2019 in Feedback

Hi,

Is there a way to customized the profile page? I need to rearrange the defaults elements that shows up and add additional info (custom objects like - charities,donations, teams, organizations etc.) I know this can be in a separate page but the project requires this level of customization. I will be creating a custom module for this with role permissions,CRUD pages and settings, the only missing part is how to customized this page

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There are several ways to do so. Vanilla consists of three applications. /applications/dashboard creates the profile page. /applications/vanilla extends the profile page, so you can take it as an example. Start with /applications/vanilla/settings/class.hooks.php

In the profileController_addProfileTabs_handler method, the links to the profile/discussions and profile/comments are added.

The profileController_comments_create method is the controller method for profile/comments.

There are some things you have to take care for: $sender->editMode() and $sender->getUserInfo() are important. Maybe that tutorial plugin will help to understand some things.

For re-ordering I would recommend using CSS and flexbox

Beyond that, you can always search in /applications/dashboard/views/profile and /applications/vanilla/views/*/profile.php for fireEvent() calls to find places where you can insert html by using events.