HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrading to v 3.2 without composer

I have upgraded my installation to v 3.2. I do not have composer on my shared server. the problem occurs that I often get internal server errors (500). Moreover, the new rich editor is not working (I only get a textfield without formatting options).

How can I install / update the installation to work without having composer?

Errors I get when I look at Chrome Console:

• vendors.min.js?h=3.2:39 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
  • jquery.js?v=3.2:6 POST notifications/inform 404 (Not Found)

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you download the zip file from the addons section, you do not need composer.

Oftentimes when there are problems with the Rich Editor, pretty urls have not been set up.

• Hm, I have used the zip from addons section, but somehow also the "api" doesn't work. Moreover, the pretty urls are setup.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I know there have been problems with the API for installations in subfolders like e.g. "example.com/forum". The 500 error should create an entry in your server log files. Have you checked them?

And just to be sure: pretty urls are already working? Sorry: just from experience I asked that again. Sometimes people say they have set them up, but it turns out that its not working anyway. Therefore I just asked again ;-)

• Yes, here is the 500 error in the log:

[Mon Oct 28 09:01:29.857522 2019] [:error] [pid 979361] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 213.202.253.44:35786] couldn't create child process: /usr/sbin/suphp for /home/user2/public_html/index.php

Yes, pretty urls are working.