Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum Tagline

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello This may be an easy to make add-on ... but still I don't know how to make it ... as the title says ... it is an extension that adds a white box in your 'application settings' in which you can add your forum's tagline in it... much like a header as in blogs ... which is a single line of text that describes the purpose of your forum or just a motto ... and it will be placed just beneath the forum's name(in every page that the forum's name appears in it) ... may be you can enable html in it or not .... To tell you the truth ... this isn't a top priority extension ... and I don't want to waste the time of anyone who can make extensions on this instead of another high priority extensions .. so .. if it happens and anyone have free time .. please consider making this add-on ... Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2006
    If all you want is for it to show up under your forum title at the top of the page, you can add more text to the "Banner title" field. For instance if your forum is called "The Happy Happy Forum", and you want it to say "where everyone is happy" underneath, you can fill this in in the banner title: The Happy Happy Forum<br>where everyone is happy

And of course, you can style things a bit if you want, for instance: <span style="font-weight:bold;">The Happy Happy Forum</span><br><span style="font-size:10px;">where everyone is happy</span>
  • Options
    Although it comes late ... but Thanks bjrn ... this is exactly what I wanted ...

But how can I make it as I've mentioned before(an extension) ? I want to add that white box in the "Application Settings" page with the styling you wrote ... so that you can just add the text you want without worrying about styling it...
This discussion has been closed.