HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

improve searching: sort results by keyword in title, then in the content

Currently, if you search for a keyword, the results are sorted by newest date.

If you are looking for a specific thread, you would have to scroll until you find the keyword within the search body.

The results shouldnt be sorted by date.

1.) Show the threads where the keyword is in the title

2.) Show the threads, sorted by date, where the keyword is in the content.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Absolutely, sorted should be on demand as well!

I see you are on this thread as well https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/37389/filterforumsearch-plugin

With the above plugin, the solution is quite trivial.

I will whip something up and post later.

• Options

yeah, we used the build-in search and I saw that the thread titles are of no importance to the search query (which is weird)

thanks again for your feedback, really appreciated

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

check out the discussionfilter plugin - it lets you filter and then sort on your filed(s) of choice. Needs reading through the long list of options...

• Options
    despecialdespecial New
    edited December 2019

Thanks. Currently, I don't see a point to filter the (dynamic) search results with this kind of plugin.

There are three types of use cases for this plugin:

1. For administrators - to check on content without having to go to the SQL database

2. For developers - to link to filtered views from web pages (e.g. The userid field in a discussion can link to a filtered view that shows discussions by that userid)

3. For administrators - to add menu options for specialized views

Besides that, the sorting I mentioned combines two dynamic calls in sql