HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

knowledge base

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to add the knowledge base to Vanillaforums (v3.3)

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The knowledge base is only available for customers of the hosted version.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

How far is a knowledge base from a preloaded category? Hint- we've used the hashtags plugin to interconnet items (discussions) in that knowledgebase category...

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I don't know the feature list, therefore it's hard to judge.

But if I would have to implement that as a Vanilla addon, I surely would use another DiscussionType just like the Q'n'A plugin does and create categories which are only able to hold discussions of that type. Looks like Vanilla already has a pretty good support for custom discussion types. There is DiscussionModel::discussionTypes() and CategoryModel::allowedDiscussionTypes() which both fire events so that you can extent it quite easily. And the newdiscussionmodule builds its button dynamically based on the discussion types.

• I like to think sideways instead of top to bottom.

I would use native discussion type (plus comments) for this. Categories and tags would suffice.

The rest, IMHO, is a healthy dose of client-side scripting for user experience.

These are the features as described ... some of them I can easily dispense with.

Maybe Revision History is the most important. Maybe that feature can be made into an independent plugin?

https://vanillaforums.com/en/features/knowledgebase/

Is there any public site using this plugin?

• edited December 2019

Okay, so I read the whole docs three times over top to bottom, and could not find an answer to my question ... no link about Knowledge Base showcase ...

..Switches to sideways thinking

Oh wait, the docs is Knowledge Base itself ...duhh

Then this result is totally achievable without any specific plugin ...