HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My holiday gift

As the holiday season is approching along with the new year I want to wish everyone a happy holidays season and a wonderful year. My gift to the community is the inlinepdf plugin (with a shout to the pdfobject project).

Comments

• mirXmirX
    edited December 2019

Thanks @rbrahmson for gift, nice idea! But Settings don't work for me. I'm getting View not found message on my test forum running 3.3.

• Don't know why... I just tried it on 3.3 and it worrked for me - I get the settings screen and they are correctly saved in config.php. There should be two settings saved there. Here are mine:

$Configuration['Plugins']['inlinepdf']['maxviewers'] = 1;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['inlinepdf']['height'] = '700px';

• I just checked once more. The plugin is enabled and Settings button produces View not found. Nevertheless there are next settings in config.php:

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['inlinepdf'] = true;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['inlinepdf']['maxviewers'] = 1;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['inlinepdf']['height'] = '700px';

And PDF url is displayed inline like this:

😯

• The view not found us a vanilla/plugin issue. I'm not sure what's wrong but as I wrote I tested it on the latest vanilla and it worked producing the config.php values I showed above. @R_J - any ideas?

As for the error message - this seems to be an issue with the pdfobject which unfortunately I can't solve. When the pdfobject script encounters unsupported environment the briwser is supposed to take over. I wonder what environment you are using (os, device & browser).

• That's an easy one:

public function settingsController_inlinepdf_create($sender) {
           $sender->render('settings', '', 'plugins/EventCalendar');
       }

• Thank @R_J ;-))))) Yea, right in my face and I cannot see it... and no wonder it worked for me (we've got a much modified version of that plugin).

Version 1.1.2 which I uploaded just now should fix this issue.