HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Create new Theme from the default keystone one?

How would i take a copy of the keystone theme then make it my own and do my own theme so that future updates don't overwrite it?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Keystone itself is based on Boilerplate. So if you have real good frontend tool skills, you should go the same route. But if not, you should simply

1. copy the folder
    2. rename it
    3. rename the KeystoneThemeHooks
    4. change the contents of the KeystoneThemeHooks file to alter every "Keystone" to "Whatever"
    5. edit addon.json and exchange KEystone references there, too

You should better delete /cache/theme-index.php after doing that

If you only think about some CSS tweaks, you could also use either the Pockets plugin or the CSSEdit plugin to add some CSS to your page without risking that it would get lost in the future

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭

I also to changed the file /mykeystone-copy/settings/configuration.php and update the config-entry:

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mykeystone-copy';

This in coherence with the required changes in the copied xxxThemeHooks.php: Line 22

public function setup() {

saveToConfig([ 'Garden.MobileTheme' => 'mykeystone-copy' ]);

}

• Thanks Guys! Yeah I was using Pockets and I am doing a bit more then changing CSS so i want to make a copy because I do not want to loose any of these changes!