HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Design Bug or Not a Design Bug?

MrCaspanMrCaspan
edited March 2020 in Feedback

Just looking at my site and thinking I screwed up my CSS or screwed up my layout somehow but I also see the community forum has the same issue. If you shrink the width of the page to less than 993 you will see the side bar goes away based on media queries as expected, but the "New Discussion" button moves all the way to the bottom of the page?!? I am not sure UX wise if the most used button on the site basically gets hidden and buried at the bottom of the page? Would it not be better to make it at least show at the top AND the bottom?

Also hiding it in the menu once the screen goes really small maybe that's debatable but seems a strange place to put it as it's not in the top menu in full screen so why would it move location? Just my opinion curious what others thought..

I am moving it in my forum to just be under the top header. and to show there always under the header when width is 993 or lower.