HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why Internal Links are Nofollow?

If i am placing another discussion link it has rel="nofollow"

which is not good for SEO.

Having rel="nofollow" for external links is good but not for internal links.

How to make them dofollow?

Comments

• Options

I have noticed that images (in the upload folder) are nofollow but links to discussions are dofollow.

• Options

Nofollow links are highlighted in red

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2020

@ogili: We have a helpful plugin you can download for free that removes the nofollow tag from all links. https://vanillaskins.com/plugins.html#doFollow

I have to crush this old SEO myth that nofollow is a positive when it comes to external links, it is not. It suggests that your site is not interested in one of the fundamental basics of the internet "Links". Up until some years ago Nofollow links should only be set on irrelevant links, advertorial links, etc. but this fact is basically outdated.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

I take your point but it's like the pacifism argument, it would be fine but human nature means that bullies take advantage of pacifists the same as spammers will be drawn like a magnet to a site that allows dofollow links.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@ianw5555: That would call for a “No links before X posts” plugin. :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

Yes that would do it, you don't mind links as long as they are relevant to the subject being discussed.