HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error in Garden\EventManager.getHandlers();

Hi,

I attempted an upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.3 today, got as far as step 7 of the upgrade article (https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/158-upgrading) however when trying to run the DB updates, I noticed that I'm getting a 500 error.

My initial installation was 3.0.2 with an archive upload and unzip, I attempted the upgrade by directly overwriting files (apart from the ones suggested to delete) with the files from 3.3 zip via SFTP.

From the error message in debug mode, I gather the upgrade wasn't successful to 3.3 either as I still see the old version. I attempted to correct that in the conf/config.php but the debug error still shows 3.0.2.

I do have a safety backup of the old installation, but we're hoping to get it up to date.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance for your time :)

Below is the error report:

Call to a member function get() on null

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/webroot/ROOT/library/Garden/EventManager.php

332: 
333:             // Convert lazy event handlers to callbacks.
334:             foreach ($this->handlers[$name] as &$handler) {
335:                 if ($handler instanceof LazyEventHandler) {
336:                     $handler = [$this->container->get($handler->class), $handler->method];
337:                 }
338:             }
339: 
340:             unset($this->toSort[$name]);

Backtrace:

[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/library/Garden/EventManager.php:265] Garden\EventManager->getHandlers();
[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/bootstrap.php:425] Garden\EventManager->fire();
[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/bootstrap.php:425] PHP::{closure}();
[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/vanilla/garden-container/src/Container.php:740] PHP::call_user_func_array();
[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/bootstrap.php:426] Garden\Container\Container->call();
[/var/www/webroot/ROOT/index.php:22] PHP::require_once();

Need Help?

If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.

If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.

Additional information for support personnel:

• Application: Vanilla
  • Application Version: 3.0.2
  • PHP Version: 7.4.6
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Server Software: Apache
  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.97 Safari/537.36
  • Request Uri: /
  • Controller: Garden\EventManager
  • Method: getHandlers

Tagged:

Comments