HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error register new user; No response from reCAPTCHA

Hi, I just installed Vanilla Forum 3.3 on Windows with IIS 10 with URL Rewite and it seems to working fine in most cases.

But I'm having problem with reCaptcha when registering new users. I'm using reCaptcha v2 and the validation works fine but when I click the submit button I get the message No response from reCAPTCHA.

I turned on debug and the view says (replaced domain):

No response from reCAPTCHA.
## C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\plugins\recaptcha\class.recaptcha.plugin.php(105)
#0 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\plugins\recaptcha\class.recaptcha.plugin.php(175): RecaptchaPlugin->validateCaptcha('03AGdBq26cXTTNQ...')
#1 [internal function]: RecaptchaPlugin->captcha_validate_handler(Object(Gdn_PluginManager), Array)
#2 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\Garden\EventManager.php(278): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.pluginmanager.php(810): Garden\EventManager->fire('captcha_validat...', Object(Gdn_PluginManager), Array)
#4 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.pluginmanager.php(768): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler(Object(Gdn_PluginManager), 'captcha', 'validate', 'Handler')
#5 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.pluggable.php(137): Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers(Object(Gdn_PluginManager), 'captcha', 'validate')
#6 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.captcha.php(106): Gdn_Pluggable->fireEvent('validate', Array)
#7 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\applications\dashboard\models\class.usermodel.php(3136): Captcha::validate()
#8 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\applications\dashboard\models\class.usermodel.php(2017): UserModel->insertForBasic(Array, true, Array)
#9 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.entrycontroller.php(1578): UserModel->register(Array)
#10 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.entrycontroller.php(1442): EntryController->registerBasic('')
#11 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.dispatcher.php(872): EntryController->register('')
#12 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\library\core\class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)
#13 C:\wwwroot\lorem.ipsum.com\index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
#14 {main}

Tagged: