HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrading instructions

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3

I downloaded the file then replaced all the appropriate 3.2 files with 3.3. What else do I have to do?

I didn't find any instructions on "how to upgrade." I recall there used to be some. Something like clearing config.sys files and stuff like that.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Perry, 44

Comments

• Thanks! That's it.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited June 2020

@LeftBrain: It’s always more hassle free to perform updates on a copy of the installation. In Vanilla’s case it’s smart to perform a fresh install in a seperate directory, copy the config file of the current live forum installation in there, create a copy of the database, link the config to it and run the /utility/upgrade stuff on this new board. Not to forget to copy the the i to the new installation.

That way you keep the current live forum safe and intact. Switching the domain pointing to one or the other folder is then easy.

There are better upgrade instructions around here. But systematically creating a smart and save upgrade routine is healthy for the heart and liver. :)

Good luck!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla