Is Vanilla for me?
I'm trying to set up a forum to deal with a specific mental health thing, so that people can come together and support each other. I am not a programming genius although I can code a basic nice looking site.
After being super excited thinking I could write my own forum software, I quickly (instantly) dropped that idea the second I realized that it's an insane project for one person to undertake, let alone maintain and update.
So I started looking at different forum software, but it's very hard for me to get a good overview because each site mentions its software's strengths and functionality differently. I have the following needs:
- Free software in case of self hosting on own domain(which I will do)
- Extendable with plugins
- Ability to have a time-tracking plugin on a person's profile
- Ability to have custom stats on a profile people can see
- Admin + mods
- Email confirmation, spam protection
- Lots of customization (theming and location of certain items on page) through hopefully something like CSS.
I think that's it - would you guys say that Vanilla would work for me?
Thank you kindly and I'm looking forward to your answers.😀