HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

class.entrycontroller.php overwritten in custom theme

Hi guys,

I found several different topics and information regarding files customization in custom theme. What i am stuck with is class.entrycontroller.php file. I need to modify this file a little bit but copying it into /controllers/ folder of custom theme, does not work. Seems like this file can not be overwritten.

I prefer not to modify original files thus looking for a solution to do this in custom theme folder.

P.S. Yes, I've been looking for a solution regarding my question for few hours but did not found anything that may help me.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Controllers are PHP classes and they cannot simply be overwritten. That's why copying it into your themes folder didn't work. There are some higher level options of using the DI container or whatever to achieve a complete override, but that's normally not what people want to do.

Watch out for "fireEvent()" calls in the controller. They allow you to change the behavior a lot. If you describe more specific what you need to do, I would be able to give better advice