HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Something has gone wrong - Theme related error

pinmanpinman New
edited February 9 in Vanilla 3.x Help

Hello,

I foolishly started messing around with Themes via the Dashboard and managed to 'Apply' the wrong theme to the site. Unfortunately, when I tried to re-enable the theme I wanted - 'Bootstrap' - I got the "Something has gone wrong" error.

I tried the trick of changing the theme name from a lowercase b to an uppercase one, Bootstrap not bootstrap and cleared the cache... but sadly the error remains whenever I try and access the [Settings] page in the Dashboard.

Upon checking the error log, I found the following, which sadly means nothing to me!

[09-Feb-2021 16:38:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getKey() on null in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php:299

Stack trace:

#0 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/core/class.thememanager.php(88): Vanilla\AddonManager->lookupAllByType('theme')

#1 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php(1855): Gdn_ThemeManager->availableThemes()

#2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(872): SettingsController->themes('', '')

#3 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(289): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)

#4 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

#5 {main}

 thrown in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php on line 299

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of a solution please?

Comments

  • K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

    Maybe tell me if I'm wrong but this error (on the getKey function) is related with the addon key, aka that "lower case b" stuff.

    If you downloaded it from github, but sure to remove "-master" or "-latest" or anything like that in the folder name.

    Be sure to correct the key at the right place:

    $ThemeInfo['Bootstrap'] 
    

    replace that Boostrap with bootstrap to match the folder name then clear the cache.

    It worked like a charm for me on 3.3.

    pinman
  • Many thanks for your help and guidance @K17 🙌

    Managed to get it working in the end... I had got the Bootstrap and bootstrap folders mixed up 🙄

    After reading your instructions properly I got it fixed!

Sign In or Register to comment.