HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2021.003 RC2 is now available

124»

Comments

• edited March 2021

Great that there's a new pre-release! I have it mostly working, except for the conversation list preview.

The XHR request fails with 422, details below. This is just trying to get the list of conversations for the current user, not submit anything.

Any idea what I might need to do to resolve this?

The failing request is a GET to "/forum/api/v2/conversations?expand=all"

I don't have any rows in the "ConversationMessage" table where 'Body' is null or empty.

If I go directly to "/forum/api/v2/conversations?expand=all" in my browser, I get the exact same message. So I doubt it's theme/plugin specific. Something is up with that API endpoint.

The issue could be in here perhaps; https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/applications/conversations/controllers/api/MessagesApiController.php

Using the "Foundation" theme without any third-party plugins (only what was bundled with this version of Vanilla Forums).

• Apologies but I can't edit my original comment anymore!

The problem starts on line 362 of applications/conversations/controllers/api/ConversationsApiController.php,

$result = $out->validate($conversations);

Breakpointing on that line and checking the contents of $conversations reveals a message where someone sent only an image, and the body is returned as an empty string. Perhaps the API endpoint could be more permissive of this situation!

• so i am trying the new release on localhost and everything seems to work at first if i click new discussion i get something wrong, so i enable debug,

after enabling debug in debug trace i see

'Could not find file 'custom_default.css' in folder '.

then if i click new discussion it says this error

Fatal Error in Smarty_Security._checkDir();

then displays this

The error occurred on or near: D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_security.php

657:                 $directory = preg_replace('#[\\\\/][^\\\\/]+[\\\\/]$#', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, $directory);
    658:             }
    659:         }
    660:         // give up
    661:         throw new SmartyException(sprintf('Smarty Security: not trusted file path \'%s\' ', $filepath));
    662:     }
    663: 
    664:     /**
    665:      * Loads security class and enables security

Backtrace:

[D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_security.php:545] Smarty_Security->_checkDir();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_resource_file.php:33] Smarty_Security->isTrustedResourceDir();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_template_source.php:182] Smarty_Internal_Resource_File->populate();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php:168] Smarty_Template_Source::load();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php:1029] Smarty_Internal_Template->__construct();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php:189] Smarty->createTemplate();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php:134] Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.smarty.php:146] Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.controller.php:890] Gdn_Smarty->render();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\plugins\rich-editor\RichEditorPlugin.php:113] Gdn_Controller->fetchView();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\plugins\rich-editor\RichEditorPlugin.php:113] RichEditorPlugin->gdn_form_beforeBodyBox_handler();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\Garden\EventManager.php:282] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.pluginmanager.php:812] Garden\EventManager->fire();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.pluginmanager.php:770] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandler();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.pluggable.php:137] Gdn_PluginManager->callEventHandlers();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.form.php:307] Gdn_Pluggable->fireEvent();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\applications\vanilla\views\post\discussion.php:51] Gdn_Form->bodyBox();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.controller.php:887] PHP::include();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.controller.php:1499] Gdn_Controller->fetchView();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.pluggable.php:217] Gdn_Controller->xRender();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\applications\vanilla\controllers\class.postcontroller.php:418] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php:933] PostController->discussion();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php:335] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController();
    [D:\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\index.php:29] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

• you can see the webroot dir, if there is 'addons'? If not, just copy from last version.

• @daocaoit addons is there

• @ryzen has 'addons/keystone/design/custom_default.css'?

• ryzenryzen New
    edited March 2021

yes it does have it also back trace i cannot post or add new discussions it gives smarty security error

• this error is about missing 'custom_default.css' in folder

you can change theme in dashboard to see if other theme is ok.

• ryzenryzen New
    edited March 2021

@daocaoit checked them all I just un-installed went back to 3.3 the custom_defaults are there the addons are there possible bug

• msyafamsyafa New
    edited April 2021

pop

• aaronhallaaronhall New
    edited April 2021

Is this community very active? A lot of the discussions seem to be outdated...

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

2001.003 is broken because of the missing /addon folder. I don't know why no one in the team recognizes it. I recommend downloading 2001.008

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/releases/tag/2021.008

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla