Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussions not being added

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
when I try to add a discussion it breaks and says Some problems were encountered discussion can't be found how can it be found if it was just created ? this didn't happen before but lately many things in vanilla keep breaking for some unkown reason in addition to this the html and bbcode are wacked and not working,page goes blank and sometimes with same error msg as above

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Look at the url - get the discussion id - go to your db and make sure it's there.

Vanilla doesn't just break for no reason. It must be something to do with your server.
  • Options
    yes I'm finding that more and more to make sure discussion/comment ID match otherwise they go missing, I also believe Vanilla isn't doing a throughout job of cleaning up things in the database when a discussion or comment is removed, had it done this I wouldn't have to be fiddling with the database, it appears to just keep deleted/removed items with no place then their ID's get wacked, it may also have to do with importing from SMF, i think I have it under control all the IDs are happy and dancing with each other ;-)
  • Options
    Vanilla doesn't remove discussions or comments from the database though. So I think blaming Vanilla for doing something it doesn't isn't going to help you solve your problems. I'd say there are two things that might be casuing your problems: 1. Your imported SMF data. Something could have gone wrong during the migration (mismatching with different IDs) 2. You fiddling a lot with the database.
  • Options
    so your saying the remove extension removes it from the forum but not from the database ? the smf import may have been the cause, i have it all worked out now, I believe the remove extension should remove it from the database too no?
  • Options
    the comment removal extension does remove it directly from the db, yes, but it shouldn't cause anything wacky to happen with discussion IDs.
This discussion has been closed.