HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Version 2021.006 Completely Breaks Site

edited April 2021 in General Banter

These steps absolutely did not work when testing the new update. Holy crap.

1. Backup your database, .htaccess and conf/config.php file somewhere safe.
  2. Delete various files. This is necessary for the upgrade to go smoothly and to prevent clashes if your filesystem merges directories together. Delete the following files.
    • All files in /dist.
    • All files in /cache (except .htaccess if you use Apache).
  3. Follow any other version specific upgrade instructions.
  4. Upload the new release’s files so they overwrite the old ones.
  5. Delete all files in /cache (except .htaccess if you use Apache).
  6. Follow all version-specific instructions below. It is critical you delete the listed files.
  7. Go to example.com/utility/update to run any database updates needed. (404? See next paragraph.) If it fails, try it a second time by refreshing the page.

The site is nothing but white pages with 409s.

Furthermore, I tested out new Keystone theme update and it also destroyed the site after overwrite.

NOT READY for production.

Comments

• Options

Keystone issue was hooks not updating for some reason. Still don't know what's going on with the rest.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

From the README I take the three paragraphs below:

The master branch is considered a stable branch capable of being released at any time.

(...)

The release/VERSION+BUILD branches are production-ready branches for our cloud product but are not yet vetted for open source release

(...)

Vanilla releases are built using Phing to create a pre-built deploy-ready copies of Vanilla. To build these run the following in the root of the repository.

./bin/release

Have you used phing to build a package from the master branch? Everything else could work by chance only

• Options
    edited April 2021

I used a script that built the initial 3.3 install of my forum.

I upgraded to 2021.003 for the most part by simply overwriting all old files. Everything went pretty smoothly aside from a few small hiccups.

I did not use Phing to build the 2021.006 update on the staging site. Am doing asap and will update with results. Thought it was good to go. Mah bad.