HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why is discussions sorting desc?

2»

Answers

• Options
    galantagalanta New
    edited April 2021

Hello and many many thanks. I am posting the two files here, having replaced some parts with xxxxxx.

I hope this is ok. I will be able to follow the other guidelines if it is necessary of course!

Also, I renamed the two files to .txt in order to be allowed to upload them.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Sorry, I do not see any hint for that strange sorting problem in your config. And since you ran the SQL which normally should be the base for the Recent Discussions and it returned the expected order, I don't see any alternatives for debugging than following the described steps and start the general query log on your database.

• Options

I've also had the problem with the sorting being unresponsive with v4-RC2. This behavior does not reproduce on v3.3.

Having tried every trick on this forum, the only thing that finally worked for me was to reduce the size of the paging config value. Forcing the pager on discussions to appear made the sortfield config value to be taken into account, otherwise it was ignored.

So e.g. if there are 20 discussions on the main grid sorted oldest to newest no matter what SortField and SortDirection config values are, then setting the PerPage to 19 -or lower- will fix this and the sort config values will take effect.

This fixes it for the first page of the main discussion view, pages 2 onwards behave almost identical but with some subtle differences -unsure if this is by design.