HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide the Side Panel in certain pages

Hello

I have made a page in my website using Basic Pages application. I want to remove the side panel from that page. Please give me step by step instructions on doing that. I am a beginner to web development.

Any help would be appreciated 😊

Tagged:

Comments

• KasparKaspar Moderator

Had the same case

OSS community members guided me to making this

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/unsetmodules-plugin

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can use a plugin or put that code in a custom theme which to me would be the best approach, but if you want to customize more of the look and feel and/or want to get some "web development" basics, than you could think about installing the "CSSEdit" plugin, which allows you to easily insert CSS code.

You need to find out the id or the class of the body element of the page where you want to hide the panel (I can't give you the name, only if your site is public and you give a link to it). Learn how to find it out with the web inspector tools of your browser, but that is really simple. Then you just need to add the following snippet in the CSSEdit plugins edit box:

#the_body_tags_id .Panel { display: none }