Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Default settings & Name Changes.

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey everyone. I'm not very good with code and all, but I'd like to have default settings for new users to have Polls enabled, using the Poll 1.3 addon by Jazzman. I also cannot figure out for the life of me how to change usernames!? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Changing usernames is an application setting (you can choose whether or not users are allowed to). If users are allowed you go account->personal settings->username (top box)->Save.
  • Options
    Thanks very much! Can anyone else help me with the poll thing?
  • Options
    Try opening up the poll default.php and adding this: $Configuration['PREFERENCE_ShowActivePoll'] = 1; below the 3 lines of include();s.
  • Options
    Worked perfectly! Thanks very much! :) Last question: Is there a guide to, or any easy way to, integrate Vanilla within a WordPress frame? Not like users or anything, like the integration, but just putting the forum inside a WordPress page.
  • Options
    There are a couple of discussions on integrating WP & Vanilla that may be a good place to start....

Discussion 1
    Discussion 2

sorry for going off topic...just answering Eek's last question
This discussion has been closed.