HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

API v2 403 forbidden error

I tried out Vanilla 2021.011 and it has new layout options for Foundation under Settings - Layout, where you can also set whether or not you'd like discussions or categories as a homepage.

Things were working fine on a local installation, but on our shared hosting nothing can be selected. I noticed the following error when using the browsers dev tools

I don't know if it matters, but the local installation is on Windows while the shared hosting is Unix.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You should expect less problems with Linux than with Windows when you are dealing with PHP scripts, so that's not the problem.

Nevertheless that's most probably a web server configuration issue. Not really sure where the problem comes from, though. I would look at the following at first: open up your browsers developer console and look at the network tab. I'd say the most interesting lines are Host, Origin, Referer and Content-Security-Policy.

Content-Security-Policy should show a "self". The other three look like this on my local test install.

Is there any inconsistency in your setup?