Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Font Management

edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I work with a few different graphics programs. Each program lists all the fonts and I have to go through each one to see how it looks, etc. What I'd like to do is be able to organize my fonts better. Make a folder or something called Wing Dings and all of the little wingding-like fonts would go in there. All serif fonts would go together, and all graffiti fonts would go together.

Is there anything open source that would help me do that, so I'm not looking through 100+ fonts each time I want to create a graphic? So, when I know I want a cursive font, I can go into the cursive font directory and click on the one I want?

Comments

• Options
    You should try The Font Thing, it's pretty useful when it comes to browse through hundreds of different fonts. It's freeware.
  • Options
    FontViewer works for me. Free...

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php
  • Options
    pbearpbear New
    edited September 2006
    Linotype FontExplorer X if you're on a Mac. Also free.

If you mean that in each application with a font menu you can make sets and have them as the menu items instead of the fonts themselves... Great idea. But I think currently all organization is external/through an external application.
  • Options
    I used to use The Font Thing, but it is so old it has some problems with XP, and large amounts of fonts. I wish the creator would update it, was a great app. There is a new one I use, but I just had some HDD issues so I don't have it atm, soon as I remember the name I will post it.

But I don't know of any font app that will move and rename fonts to folders. You are most likely only going to get that by sorting your fonts as you download em. But if you do find an app that does that, let us all know!
This discussion has been closed.