Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

wp-vanilla integration

hey,

got a few questions to integrating vanilla with wordpress. yesterday i integrated wordpress with dokuwiki with this script. if i want to integrate the same install of wp now with vanilla (with marks script), is this likely to cause any problems? maybe this is a stupid question..?
mark said in the documentation that vanilla has to be installed in the wordpress folder. why is that? is it not possible that they can be installed on the same level? i have vanilla installed already and it would be easier that way.
thanks, bo

Comments

• Options
    alright, just went ahead and integrated it and it works perfectly. now i would just like to change the log in/log out link on vanilla to point to the wordpress login form. problem is i just can't find it. someone please point me in the right direction! cheers
  • Options
    ok, don't worry about it. really confused today. must be that's it's in the middle of the night here and i should be in bed. found it and changed it.
  • Options
    traveljunkie, if you can recall, just where did you find the login/log-out link on vanilla? I am now at that same point as you re my integration.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    i think it was in menu.php, but i just deleted the whole login/out link and decided to use the wordpress functions wp_loginout() and wp_register() instead, so the login-links look the same on the whole website. i deleted people.php as well then. when you sign in using the wp functions you get taken to the wp admin part, which is a bummer really, so then i just added a link to vanilla in the wp admin header, just in case you're interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    thanks traveljunkie. Yes, I was peeved at that as well - ie after logging in via wp login, you get taken to the wp admin panel. Thanks for the tip re menu.php. I will have a look through that file. The whole thing has gone tits up for me today - ie when i log in, i am able to use all the admin stuff, but it doesn't see me out on the public part of the wp website - thus my posts are seeminly posted by 'anonymous' A real pain. And when i signed up as a regular user....when i went to sign in via wp, it tells me that i don't have permission to access this page (ie the wp admin area that it tries to send me to - http://www.multitrackers.com/wp-admin/profile.php) It tells me that "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." So frustrating. trying to figure out what the problem is. Thanks for the post - appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.